Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hello My Name is Rose

I am writing this blog mainly to practice my writing skills. I have never been a great writer or anything to begin with but always considered myself to be a decent writer. Until recently I have always done very well whenever I wrote essays and stuff for school. Then I took a kind of hiatus when I moved to Tokyo for a year to participate in a study abroad program at Keio University. That would have been the perfect time to start a blog, journal or something to keep track of my daily experiences. But I didn't and I regret. I did keep a kind of photo journal though. Anyway my study abroad program didn't require me to write much and I fell out of practice. When I came back to Seattle I was burned out on school and didn't put much effort into my writing during my last year of college. Now that college is over I have discovered I miss writing and so I am trying to get back into it.

So what am I going to write about?

Food. I really like food. Everyone these days seems to really like food. Recently a photo friend of mine introduced her food blog to me and that was the first time I saw a picture of her. I was shocked to see that she practically is anorexic. I couldn't believe it even borderline anorexic people have food blogs full of everything that should prevent someone becoming an anorexic! I am sure that are deep seeded psychological problems associated with this phenomena that I don't understand but that isn't the point. My point is, is that it seems like literally everyone has a food blog. I can't promise mine will be anything different or interesting. I intend to write about what I am experiencing. Whether it is what I am making that night for dinner, where I ate, what I saw on tv, current food trends whatever.

I don't think I will put up a profile right away. I will let my post explain who I am in time. I know that might sound weird but you don't you don't make friends by reading through profiles and find the people that best match you. Well maybe you do but I don't. I met my friends the old fashion way. In person with little to no warning. That is how food is too.

There is the food you know. The stuff you grew up with. Those foods and dishes are like your closest life long friends and family they will always be with you and they kind of give you an idea of what you think you will like in the future. Then there are new foods. You can't scan recipes, watch tv shows and now you will like a certain kind of food or a dish. At some point you have to actually go out and try things to see if you really do like it or not. You have to go beyond the cook books, tv shows and actually get out there and try some new food.

So that is what I will do here. I will watch, listen, cook it and eat it then tell you about it. Then maybe you will try it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment